Not Specific to any State
- Reddy, K. R. and Marella, A. “Properties of different size scrap tire shreds: Implications on using as drainage material in landfill cover systems.”
- Rowe, K. R. and Mcisaac, R. (2005) “Clogging of tire shreds and gravel permeated with landfill leachate.” Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. Vol. 131, No. 6, p. 682-693.
- Poole, S. L. (1998) “Scrap and shredded tire fires.” U.S. Fire Administration.
- TYRE_SPACE© Elastic Building Frames Applied in Urban and Rural Environments
- 2003 Annual Report to the Legislature and the California Integrated Waste Management Board Senate Bill 876 Waste and Used Tires
- Hannon, J.B., and Forsyth, R.A. (1973), “Fill Stabilization Using Non-Biodegradable Waste Products – Phase I,” Report No. CA-DOT-TL-2124-1-72-25, Transportation Laboratory, California Department of Transportation, Sacramento, CA, August.
- Tires Used as Lightweight Fill in California Interchange Project.
- Salgado, R., Yoon, S., and Siddiki, N. Z. “Construction of Tire Shreds Test Embankment.” Indiana DOT.
- Hossain, M., et. al. (1996) “A Study of Tire Chips as Road Construction Material.” Semisequicentennial Transportation Conference Proceedings, Iowa State University.
- “Liner and drainage layer protection: Tire chips.” (2000) Kentucky Division of Waste Management.
- “Tire chip use in landfills and other civil engineering applications.” (1999) Kentucky Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Cabinet, DEP, Division of Waste Management
- Humphrey, D. N., Dunn, P. A., and Merfeld, P. S. (2000) “Tire Shreds Save Money for Maine.”
- Stephens Associates Consulting Engineers, LLC Receives ACEC/MA Engineering Excellence Award.
- Sengupta, S. and Miller, H. J. (1999) “Preliminary investigation of tire shreds for use in residential subsurface leaching field systems.” Chelsea Center for Recycling and Economic Development.
- Liu, H.S., Mead, J.L., and Stacer, R.G. (1998), “Environmental Impacts of Recycled Rubber in Light Fill Applications,” Department of Plastics Engineering, University of Massachusetts at Lowell, Lowell, MA, 30 p.
- Korte, R.A. (1988), “Minnesota’s Answer to the Scrap Tire Disposal Problem,” Public Works, Vol. 119, No. 12, pp. 64-65.
- “Recycling tires: Tire chip utilization for retaining wall backfill.” Nebraska State Recycling Association.
- “Funding Innovative Uses for Scrap Tires.” BioCycle.
- Messinger, B. “Madison County to use scrap tires.”
- Zicari, L. (2006) “Use of tire derived aggregate in septic systems.”
- “Beneficial Use of Tire Shreds as Lightweight Fill.” (2001) NEWMOA Fact Sheet
- Various New York projects
- Adirondack International Speedway, Lewis County, crash absorber racetrack barrier walls (2000’s)
- Albany County, gas collection lines (current)
- Aquaterra Systems, Waren County, private forest road (2004)
- Arthritis Foundation, Albany, crash absorber, temporary racetrack barrier walls (2000’s)
- Ava, Oneida County, leachate collection (current)
- BCD Tire Chip Manu., Inc., Schenectady County, indoor-outdoor riding area drainage (2003)
- Casings, Inc., Catskill, Greene County, parking lot drainage (1990’s)
- Chautauqua County, lightweight tire bales, drainage (2001-2004)
- Chestertown Conservation Club, Warren County, berm and backstop at shooting range, (1990’s)
- Clinton County, leachate collection system (current)
- DANC, Jefferson County, landfill gas system (current)
- Dave Osbom’s Family Fun Park, Catskill, Greene County, private driveway (1990)
- Delaware County, CR-20 near Broome Co. border, frost-heave solution (2000)
- Delaware County, stormwater management structure lining (2004)
- Fort Drum, Jefferson County, earthen wall for house to train army personel (1990’s)
- Hakes C&D, Steuben County, leachate collection (current)
- High Acres, Monroe County, leachate collection (current)
- I-87, near Plattsburgh, overpass (2004-5)
- I-87, north of Albany between exits 15 & 16, traffic cross-over (2006)
- Madison County, leachate collection system (2001)
- Marina at Lighthouse Point, Rouses Point, Clinton County, breakwater (1990’s)
- Mill Seat, Monroe County, leachate collection (current)
- Modern Tire Recycling, Lewiston, Niagara County, natural aggregate replacement (1999)
- Modern, Niagara County, leachate collection system (1996-present)
- National Fuel Supply Corp., Hamburg, Erie County, pipeline bedding (1990’s)
- NYS Office of General Services, Erie County, backfill material (1990’s)
- NYS Thruway Authority, between interchanges 53 & 54, near Buffalo, embankment (2002)
- NYSDOT, Rte. 17 (now I-86) Exit 79, near Binghamton, embankment (1999)
- Private Residence, Saugerties, Ulster County, private driveway (1990’s)
- Private Residence, Schenectady County, earthen landscape retaining wall (2005)
- Private Residence, Tompkins County, earthen walls for house (1990’s)
- Private Residence, Ulster County, foundation backfill (2000’s)
- Private Residence, Ulster County, foundation backfill (2005)
- Ridge Runners Gun Club, Kingston, Ulster County, gun range backstop (1990’s)
- Sara Spa Rod & Gun Club, Saratoga County, backstop at shooting range (2006)
- Seneca Meadows, Seneca County, leachate collection liner (1997-present)
- South Stream Enterprises, Fulton County, driveway/parking lot base (2000’s)
- SR-240X, Cattaraugus County, fill behind bridge approaches (2006)
- The Tire Shredder, Schoharie County, foundation backfill (1990’s)
- Tire Recycling Inc., Saugerties, Ulster County, private parking lot (1990’s)
- Town of Brookshaven, Suffolk County, Long Island, landfill roads & berm construction (1990’s-present)
- Town of Colonie, Albany County, landfill roads, gas collection lines (1990’s-present)
- Town of Shawangunk, Wallkill, Ulster County, erosion control mat for riprap substitute (1990’s)
- Town of Shawangunk, Wallkill, Ulster County, retaining wall backfill at transfer station (1990’s)
- Town of Webb, Old Forge, Herkimer County, erosion control at snowmobile trail culvert crossings (1990’s)
- Washington County, lightweight tire bales, drainage (2002)
- “More than $1 million in grants awarded to strengthen Ohio’s scrap tire recycling efforts.” (2006) Ohio Department of Natural Resources.
- Boyer, M. (2002) “Landfill caps, power plant fuel and rethinking pollution aid in recycling.” Cincinnati Enquirer.
- Higgins, A.J., Suhr, J.L., Rahman, M.S., Singley, M.E., and Rajput, V.S. (1987), “Shredded Rubber Tires as a Bulking Agent for Composting Sewage Sludge,” Report No. EPA/600/S2-87/026, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Water Engineering Research Laboratory, Cincinnati, OH.
- Nairn, R. W. (2004) “Effectiveness of tire mattresses used for erosion control and stream bank stabilization.”
- Pierce, C. E. and Blackwell, M. C. “Potential of scrap tire rubber as lightweight aggregate in flowable fill.
- Paving Has Begun
- Three Demonstration Projects Successfully Completed
- Zornberg, J. G. and LaRocque, C. J. (2006) “Engineering Properties of Tire Bales for Soil Repairs and Embankment Construction.” Center for Transportation Research, The University of Texas at Austin.
- Canup, D.H. (1995), “Texas Landfill Uses Old Tires to Collect Leachate,” World Wastes, Sept., pp. 13-14.
- Various Virginia projects
- Hoppe, E. J. and Mullen, W. G. (2004) “Final report: Field study of a shredded-tire embankment in Virginia.”
- Benson, C.H. (1995), “Using Shredded Scrap Tires in Civil and Environmental Construction,” Resource Recycling, Vol. 14, No. 10, Oct.
- The Use of Post-Consumer Tyres as Aggregate (UK)
- Town of Craik Testimonial (Canada)
- Town of Norquay Testimonial (Canada)
- Village of Kelliher Testimonial (Canada)
- Village of McLean Testimonial (Canada)
- Edeskar, T. (2004) “Technical and Environmental Properties of Tyre Shreds Focusing on Ground Engineering Applications.” (Sweden)
- Bond, D. (2005) “Technical and cost benefits of recycled and secondary aggregates: Supply chain case studies (infrastructure).” Waste & Resources Action Programme. (UK)